Monday, November 14, 2011

UK Throttle Cable installed

I received my batch of parts from Burton Power about a week after order.  I ordered 2 throttle cables, nice to have a spare...  Good thing I did, since I broke the plastic adjuster when installing the first one.  The Cables are about 3" shorter than the US cable, and will not install over the air cleaner.  So I had to route it under the air cleaner.  The second install went really quickly.  And at 12GBP for the cable, I don't feel too bad about messing up the first one.  The accelerator always felt un-responsive and a little dead with the old cable installed.  I'm sure that 31 years of crud, and a Jerry-rigged hose & Hose clamp set up at the fire wall, weren't helping either.  With the new cable installed, I get much better "feel",  direct response and feedback.  My only concern is the angle that the cable comes into the adjuster is a bit off straight in, so I worry about the force on the adjuster.  At the moment, it works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment